2.6.08

Nine in the Afternoon


It's the first song from Panic At the Disco that I actually like. Nine in the Afternoon. It's catchy, peppy, and rhyming noon and moon is neato. I looked up the lyrics to see if there was some deeper message. The band alleges there is not.
Now maybe I'm jaded being a therapist and all.
I looked up meanings of the song according to fans. I looked up what the band said about the song. All very innocent. It's a song about love (according to fans) that the band came up with one evening pretty quickly (according to Panic).
But I think it's about drugs.
The music video is a little trippy and kind of high on meth. "Eyes the size of the moon," "Back to the room where it all began," "Feeling so good, just the way that we should, when it's nine in the afternoon." These lines are suspect. I don't really see a love story. 
Dang it! Why does the universe toy with me this way!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously? I've heard of people who are in love as having eyes the size of the moon... Maybe you shouldn't be quite so paranoid. Just chill.

HRH said...

I have heard my fair share of drug war stories. Is it just coincidence that this song describes those experiences? And what is "nine in the afternoon?" Witty writing or a comment about do drugs all day. Maybe paranoid, but the song is strangely fitting.