2.9.08

Soundtrack of my Life


Today was cooler than it has been and I loved it. Fall is my favorite season. I love the changing colors. Today I began listening to my fall soundtrack. The following is a list of what I listen to in various seasons. When I listen to something out-of-season I don't get the same pleasure out of it.
Summer
Teen stuff like Panic at the Disco, Fall Out Boy, Natasha Bedingfield, Jason Mraz. It has to be peppy, fast tempo, and get me going.
Oldies like Beach Boys, Abba, and 80s music.
Disney music.
Fall
Sissel. She is just perfect. Put her on your Ipod and go for a walk. You will not regret.
Christmas Winter 
Rich music (meaning tonality) like Josh Groban, Il Divo, Charlotte Church, and more Sissel.
Christmas music, obviously, from the Messiah to Alvin and Chipmunks.
Ugly Winter and Spring
I haven't found anything that really screams "It's still snowing" and "The weather is bipolar; you can tell because the meds are making the clouds puffy." Suggestions
Saturday night driving in the car alone or with someone adventurous who you trust
Showtunes
Bubble Baths
Classical
John Mayer
Big band and jazz
Rainy Days
Josh Groban
Michael Buble

What music do you listen to and at which times?

5 comments:

Natalie said...

love the post! For me all I listen to is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on CD, my Disney soundtrack and The Backyardigans on CD. Sad for me but it sure does make my three year old happy! I will have to get back into my music soon! Your post has made me go through withdrawls!

aisy said...

i've never thought of music as seasonal... but i like it. i pretty much put my itunes to shuffle, so i get my indie folk, indie pop, sprinkled with my hip hop and running music, add a touch of classical (mostly cello) and it rounds itself out. in my car it's npr

laurenlou said...

haha so i just barely wrote a post on my blog about the soundtrack to my life, ripping off another friend's idea. i see we're all think genius-ly. oh and ps i linked you from my blog dergrosseohrwurm.blogspot.com
hdl!

Jenny said...

Our taste in music is shockingly similar. I think we were meant for eachother...

Crolace said...

Ugly winter music - I'm going to say Simon and Garfunkle. Most specifically, the song "Hazy Shade of Winter" captures the season perfectly. Or "I am a Rock." Songs that somehow make seasonal affective disorder seem almost upbeat and empowering.

Maybe also The Carpenters, Cat Stevens, James Taylor... All good for those it's-cold-and-wet-and-I-don't-want-to-go-outside kind of days.