29.11.09

Twilight

I do not like it. Bella is whiny, entitled. Edward is broody. Also it's poorly written. Like, with people starving and such, the problems in these books are hardly relevant. Also, the titles don't seem -- as far as I can tell -- to correlate with the story-lines. I read Twilight and the first chapter of New Moon, but stopped because Bella was so freakin' annoying. I say if your boyfriend wants to throw you a birthday party, be grateful, shut up and at least pretend that you like it. My goodness. Twilight the movie was entertaining because it was so awful. I laughed and laughed -- oh the cheese! So bad, so bad. I could go on and on.
But I've changed my mind. I. Love. New. Moon.
One word: Jacob. Free association. Umm... Jacob, hot. (But let's go on.) Has a personality, umm, doesn't make stupid breathing noises, doesn't talk about dying without someone, tan, can go on living, is Bella's chronological peer, can fix things, has a life.
Other things I liked: Alice's scarf as she drives a sports car, that there was less Edward, the longs spiel Jessica gives about leprosy and consumerism*, the makeup, that there was less Edward, that there was Jacob, that there was Jacob, that there was less Edward, that there was Jacob, that Bella got rejected a little more and was therefore a little more grateful, the cool scene with all the red (beautiful) in "Italy", that they pointed out that Edward is disturbingly old for Bella, that there was less Edward, that Jacob and Bella didn't have a 24/7 DTR like some folks do, that there was Jacob, the wardrobe, the cool part where Bella gets thrown against the wall and Jasper takes a hit to the wall too, and finally, that it was frankly a really fun movie.
I will now post the funniest lines:
"You give me everything just by breathing." - Edward
"You are the only reason to stay alive... if that's what I am." - Edward
"If this is about my soul, take it. I don't want it without you." - Bella to Edward
"It doesn't make sense for you to love me. I'm human, nothing." - Bella to Edward*
I have hated Twilight for as long as I can remember Twilight existing. And I still find fault with many things (if you couldn't tell). But, thanks to New Moon, I've found a lot of things I really like. I've seen the flick twice.... in one week. And I'd see it again. It was so so so fun to watch. And I find myself thinking about it and chatting about it.
Point: See it, enjoy it, laugh over it, then see it again.



* Blogger's note: Thank you, L-dawg, for finding this quote! "I dont know why you wanted to sit through al those zombies eating people. and no hot guys kissing. It's gross. I mean why are there so many zombie movies anyway? If its suppose to like draw a parallel with like leprosy, my cousin had leprosy, its not funny, ya know? And its suppose to be an awareness for consumerism? 'Cause dont be so pleased with your own like self over ritual clever-ness ya know? Like, some girls like to shop. Not all girls apparently. Even though I was surprised you called at all. Like your depression thing, I get it, like I'm totally totally worried. But after awhile itjust gets old. It's like im going through stuff too. Like Mike just wants us to be friends? It's hard!"
*Blogger's note: All quotes are from DTRs between Bella and Edward. Get rid of Edward = get rid of cheesy lines.
*Blogger's note: The photo is for Miss J and her fav scene.

6 comments:

megs said...

AND YET... I love it all. And Edward. And I don't think that makes me any less of a good judge of books, movies or the like. I don't let the little things get in the way of the message--the hottest romance ever. Still love you though, I'm just tired of the haters.

aisy said...

gag, choke, gag... sick. thank you for reminding me why i will NEVER see or read this garbage.

i once let a girl tell me the whole story during therapy (i was tired, we were outside). got the gist in 30 minutes and she still didn't sell me on them... and i still took the books away from her. hahaha

Natalie said...

I didn't love Twilight either but I must say I am a little anxious to see New Moon. Don't know when that will be but excited non the less. Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving.

La Reina said...

"I dont know why you wanted to sit through al those zombies eating people. and no hot guys kissing. its gross. i mean why are there so many zombie movies anyway? if its suppose to like draw a parallel with like leprosy, my cousin had leprosy, its not funny, ya know? and its suppose to be an awareness for consumerism? cuz dont be so pleased with your own like self over ritual clever-ness ya know? like, some girls like to shop. not all girls apparently. even though i was surprised you called at all. like youre depression thing, i get it, like im totally totally worried. but after awhile its just gets old, its like im going through stuff too. like mike just wants us to be friends? its hard!" (as copied from another website - enjoy!)

haley said...

Love the post. Love you!

Sarah said...

I hated the book Twilight and didn't read any others in the series. I saw Twilight because my family was going. I found it somber and gloomy, and creepy.

I saw New Moon with my roommate because our other roommate canceled on her, so she gave me her ticket.

I was surprised! Jacob is really great! If I were Bella, I'd try harder to overcome my addictions/hallucinations/whatever it is and realize what I could have!

Yes, less Edward, more Jacob. Now that's the stuff!