14.5.11

High School

My 10 year high school reunion is coming up this summer. I gotta say I went to high school with some pretty awesome folks.
Some friends are doing PhDs at places like York University, UNC Chapel Hill, and Duke, to name a few.
I went to high school (and elementary school and junior high) with Susie Brown of the JaneDear Girls.
I hung out with Kiersten White, now a best selling author.
I have a classmate in the FBI, but can't say who on this blog.
Nicole takes care of her son, who has down syndrome, while dealing with her own MS. She is a great mom.
You may remember Sam Burgess, a big-time college basketball player -- yep, I have the elementary school photos to prove it... somewhere.
One former Morp date just got a part as a dancer in Broadway's Rent. Yeah, in New York.
And this is just what I came up with off the top of my head. I'm sure I'll have more stories post-August. I ran with a ueber-talented bunch. That's prolly why I'm so amazing. *Sigh*

5 comments:

Karen Ella said...

Dude. I begrudgingly attended my 19 year reunion, at the behest of my friends. I HAD A FREAKIN BLAST! Loved it. So much fun!!

pinksuedeshoe said...

Love it. And yeah, our friends totally make us awesome. See you in August!

heidikins said...

Not to mention another one in the CIA and an Olympic bobsledder.

We are awesome. ;)

xox

Kenyon said...

You also grew up with some pretty cool siblings. I have a job that I really don't know how to describe with a college degree that has nothing to do with it. I do know that I am dang proud of you and everything you are. Love ya sis!

aisy said...

Or maybe they are super talented cause they hung with you! ha.