1.1.13

Thirty, Flirty, and Thriving: 2013

I shall turn 30 this year. This is a big thing I'm looking forward to. I feel like this is true adulthood. I'm not poor or stupid anymore - but more on that later in the year.

I'm not sure the following are resolutions so much as goals.

1. I gotta read more. I compiled a list of books I really want to read and it's long. TV is out, the written word is in. (I'm not that extreme, but Imma date books a little more.)
2. I'm going to Europe. We're thinking UK.
3. I would like to take a guitar class. When you have a guitar for 5 years, at some point you should learn to use it. I want to learn at least 2 songs well, which means that people can tell what I'm trying to play.
4. Attend the temple at least monthly and not just 12 times, but with no more than 4 weeks between visits.
5. I'm going to do something better financially. I haven't decided yet what exactly, but my portfolio/wallet/checkbook/credit card/ etc is gonna get healthier.
5. I will run a 10K.
6. I'm really gonna get on that bone marrow registry list.

Bring it.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I just turned 30 and my blogpost was titled the same thing. :) It WILL be a good year. I think your goal list is great... and realistic. I sometimes tend to set unrealistic goals for myself. You go girl!

haley said...

Sounds like 2012 was a smash-bang year and your ambitions for 2013 are inspiring! You are awesome girl!