31.8.14

Mykonos


The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is a nice enough book series and good enough movies, but it's all made amazing because it's filmed partly in the parts of Greece that look like this.


After days of only looking, I finally got to swim in the clear Mediterranean water. 


Then we wandered the small and confusing streets of the city. We were told there is method in the madness - the streets were also confusing to pirates. We were right up there with people who were just trying to go about their day - I can't imagine how annoying it would be to have tourists strolling so close to my house. And then there were a lot of expensive, tourist-trap shops. I avoided overspending by thinking how I would like to redecorate my life to look like this.


Lots of expensive restaurants with lots of seafood but we wanted a simple Greek gyro and we got it. 


It was all Greek to me. 

No comments: