3.4.08

These are a few of my favorite things

If I were an authority on everything, then the following list would be valid. I expect disagreements, but what is a blog but for discussion? Also, I must point out that I made the list not after hours of thought, but in the moment; therefore, I reserve the right to change any part of the list without prior written or verbal notice. 
Best modern chick flick: You've Got Mail
Best classic film: Casa Blanca
Best P and P adaptation: BBC
Best Rogers and Hammerstein: The Sound of Music
Best actress: Emma Thompson
Best teen movie: She's the Man
Best book you are forced to read in high school: The Great Gatsby
Best dessert you don't know about: Arby's chocolate criossant
Best television show currently: Pushing Daisies
Best Disney character: Sleeping Beauty, Aurora, Briar Rose... it's all the same. Pink dress rocks.
Best color: pink
Best British movie you've probably never seen: Cold Comfort Farm 
Best television show of all time: Cosby Show
Best Judy Blume book(s): Tales of the Fourth Grade Nothing, but I can read the Luckiest Girl over and over and over, and the same goes for Are You There God, It's Me Margaret. 
Best Harry Potter book: 5
Best looking movie (the way it's filmed): A Little Princess
Best college activity: anything at the Hari Krishna temple
Best hot chocolate: Seattle's Best Coffee, the cocoa trio
Best ride at Disneyland: Splash Mountain

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! Makes me want to watch Casablanca again; and possibly stop by Arby's just to see if their chocolate croissant is in fact so fantastic to make a "best" list. ;o)

xox

aisy said...

i would agree with a lot of your list... but emma thompson? are you serious?

Crolace said...

Oh, I love Cold Comfort Farm!

When you say the BBC P&P, do you mean the 5 hour BBC/A&E production or the shorter black-and-white one. If the former, I couldn't agree more. If the latter, um, interesting opinion.

pinksuedeshoe said...

I love A Little Princess!! I totally need to watch that again.

megs said...

I hate Casa Blanca, but remember really enjoying The Great Gatsby. I think you may be the only other person I know who does. Oh, and just for the record, I love Emma Thompson.