28.3.08

Sugar, We're Going Down


The song just does something for me. I think it's his voice. And it's just a fantastic song to turn up loud. I resisted it for a long time because I thought it was violent but then somebody said it was all a metaphor. I decided to just "seminary style" the song, and accept it as is. But I have some other questions with the lyrics, moral and otherwise. And I'm not sure exactly what they are. Here are my confusions.
1. Which of the following is the correct lyric?
a. "Wishing to be the friction in your jeans"
b. "Wishing to be the friction in your dreams"
c. "Wishing to be the friction in your sheets"
I'm thinking "a" is correct. I'm not sure that's a great answer, but I think it's the right one... although sources disagree.
2. Which of the following is the correct lyric?
a. "A loaded gun complex, cock it and pull it"
b. "A loaded god complex, cock it and pull it"
I find more instances of "loaded god complex" but I think "loaded gun complex" makes more sense. 
What do you think of the song as a whole (check it out on the music player on the right) and what do you think the correct lyrics are?

2 comments:

aisy said...

i'll tell you that i've never heard this song before, so would you post it in your music section? as for the correct lyrics, i've cheated and looked at them online (as again, i don't know the song).

i would post the link, but i think i'll let your friends play the game first.

Stephanie said...

I think 1=a, 2=a. This is a fun game you should do stuff like this more often!!