28.3.08

The Perfect Outfit


Sunday was a rough day. I just didn't know what to wear. It took about an hour of trying on this and that. My bed was littered with rejected outfits. Finally I found something I felt good about. I had never worn that combination before but for that moment it was perfect.
Being the intellectual I am, I discussed the whole kerfuffle (sp?) with a friend and she explained a vital truth to me. The truth was this: For everyday there is just one outfit and we must find it.
I believe that. 

1 comment:

Crolace said...

It's true.

And I personally believe that finding the outfit that belongs to a particular day is an ennobling endeavor.

I read in a book (Trinny and Susannah Take on America - from the BBC's What Not To Wear girls) that the way we dress not only shows respect for ourselves but is also our gift the people around us. And I think that's really true. Think how happy it makes you to see someone dressed so cute. And by trying to dress as cute as possible, you are hopefully giving others that same joy.

Nothing shallow about it.