13.11.10

Home

I'm from Alpine. I grew up there all my life. Yesterday I went back to see my mom and went for a run. I'd forgotten my city. It's idyllic. It's like Martha Stewart's Bedford. On my run I was first met, in the chilly air, by a deer who gave me a look of put apathy. I had to smile.
My town has a candy store. When I was very young it was just an outlet and we'd buy damaged candy canes and suckers. But now it's a proper boutique. Charming.
Lanes. History. Interesting things to see. That's my city. Lots for kids to do and none of it naughty. It's safe and ideal.
This is the house I hope to one day own. It's a gorgeous house with orchards and property. That's what I want - property for bees and orchards.
No seriously. This is where I grew up. Beautiful isn't it? Nestled into the mountains and with such lovely fields. Especially in the Fall.
The sky is celestial. It's facing south, toward Utah lake. And this is my neighborhood. Jealous much?
Yes, that's a camel. Our dear friends have had them for years. They just keep them.

I have been so blessed to grow up in the prettiest little corner of the world.

4 comments:

Bradley said...

You're making me homesick, and I only lived there for 3 years.

megs said...

Yay come back to Alpine! I'm here for probably pretty much forever, and I can't believe my good luck. Love love love.

pinksuedeshoe said...

This actually made me tear up. And I go visit my mom all the time. Something about the snow on the mountains, and the leaves on the trees and the awesome late afternoon light. It just makes it all feel more homey. If it were possible to be more homey than home.

Mays and Matt said...

I love Alpine!