21.3.11

Books I Didn't LIke

AKA Books that were "lost" on me

The Scarlet Letter (Hawthorne)- Pearl is too creepy.
Huckleberry Finn (Twaine) - I can't read that accent without sounding it out. I feel like an idiot.
Twilight (Meye)- Duh. Poorly written, unlikable characters.
House of Mirth (Wharton)- no mirth whatsoever.
Two Cups of Tea (Mortensen)- couldn't make it past the rock climbing part. Maybe I'll try it again later.
Reviving Ophelia (Pipher)- disagreed with it.
Mrs. Dalloway (Wollfe) - my mind can't follow her train of thought.
The House of Mango Street (Cisneros)- no plot and no point.
Agnes Grey (Bronte)- preachy and boring.
Wrinkle in Time (L'Engle)- too out there.
The Mysterious Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (Stevenson) - the climax was hardly climatic.
Anthem (Rand) - esoteric and ridiculous, so could not relate.

2 comments:

nr said...

My darling sister -- Two Cups of Tea is actually THREE Cups of Tea. ;) Maybe you were trying to read the abridged version and that's why it was 'lost' on you.
Try again -- it's amazing! (Maybe skip the rock-climbing part)
Love ya!

Camilla said...

I want to hear your thoughts on Reviving Ophelia! We talked about that in one our classes and I am intrigued.