30.12.11

Outfit Repeat


I read people.com. Everyday. I like to look at what the stars are doing, what they're wearing, and often take satisfaction in the stability of my life in comparison. One section I enjoy is called I Really Love My... where people.com shows stars wearing the same outfit in three different settings. I don't know if the intent is to ridicule celebrities who dare to outfit repeat -wear the same thing more than once, even *gasp* thrice - but it comes off that way. If I pay $500 for a purse then I think I'm morally required to wear it (because, in case you didn't know, you don't carry a purse but you wear a purse) daily. For the rest of my life. And how dare I buy another purse! Alas, the celebrities have these absurd standards given them by people.com and perhaps by the reading public. One story in particular that I've actually enjoyed is about Kate Middleton. Kate will be in the public eye all her life and her wardrobe is of particular interest. She's created quite a stir in repeating outfits and I say, "Bravo!" It is a good example she is setting - anti-materialism - for all of us. (Granted she's only worn outfits twice; I tend to wear my outfits much more than that.) I like to see someone who could well have a new designer outfit daily (it's rumored that she has a $325,000 yearly stipend) that she chooses to be somewhat normal and wear clothes she likes more than once.

No comments: