1.1.12

It's a Beautiful Day

I accomplished a grand total of none of my New Year's Resolutions from last year.
And moving on...
SOME THINGS I'D REALLY LIKE TO DO THIS YEAR IF POSSIBLE
AKA 12 Goals for 2012
1. Whatever calling I get ('cause I just moved to a new house!), to really get into it, make time for it, and do it wholeheartedly -- kind of a with-all-your-heart-might-mind-and-strength objectives.
2. Hang out with my sister Marlisa more.
3. Do Saturday house projects for a while, like, until the house doesn't need it.
4. Work on family history - transcribing, temple worker.
5. Blog more often. Well-written/edited/coherent. And blog more about my beliefs. And probably print my blog in a book like I've been meaning to.
6. Learn how to do trauma work, which makes more sense if you're a therapist; so, all my therapist friends understand this item.
7. Be present with people.
8. Serve more often and it varied ways, like I really want to sign up to be a bone marrow donor and I just haven't gotten around to it.
9. Eat cookies (my insurance policy against not following through on anything like I didn't follow through last year).
10. Listen better (with more empathy) and make people beg for advice from me.
11. Learn to work my camera.
12. Be smarter. Just in general. Like, know more stuff.

Honorable mentions (stuff I might do, but the commitment isn't completely there)
1. Go abroad.
2. See Adele in concert - if she can do concerts.
3. Scrapbook, which means printing out photos into a book. I don't know; is this out of vogue? Can't history just look at my facebook page or my blog?

Here's hoping!

1 comment:

Megan said...

One time I was going to be all noble and donate my bone marrow. I seriously looked into it, and discovered it is a seriously painful procedure! I then decided that should a family member require said donation, I will be noble then. But more power to you!

PS I love your blog! Are you going to have a housewarming party? I want to come see it! Your house, I mean.