20.10.13

Ariel Wouldn't Have the Guts to Do What I Did

A little while after I posted this I received an email from a long-time chum, Bradley, saying that he'd like to help me out with the dreaded sea food and that he'd be in Utah in October.(You can encourage Bradley to blog more often here on his blog about food.) I was only too thrilled to have to report to some real person about this goal and last night I accomplished the goal - I purposely ate a water creature. We ate at Communal in the Provo and had dessert down the way at Gloria's Little Italy.
This is Bradley and he is eating salad.
I really ate the fish. And it was good and I ate my portion and I would do it again.


This is the salmon that I ate.

This is beet salad and delicious it was.

These are carrots, even the yellow things.

And we topped it off with gelato, which off with everything should be topped. 

Bradley was so kind to help me out with this challenge and I did indeed feel brave. Additionally, he is great company and it is always so enjoyable to spend time with him. Thanks so much, Bradley!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

How fun to get together! Looks yummy, although I am not much for creatures of the sea as well.

heidikins said...

Awww, I love this. And you. And J. Bradley.

xox

pinksuedeshoe said...

don't eat the sea creatures.... they live in the water they poop in. Seems highly uncivilized. Although, I do like salmon once every blue mooin Thursday.

Bradley said...

So, in defense of the sea creatures, honestly people, they're good. You just have to get good ones (true story--after living a little nearer to the sea for a few years and getting in the habit, I accidentally asked the person at the seafood counter in Albertsons in AF if the shrimp was local; it wasn't).

And if the fishies' living conditions are in question, trust me, you don't want to see where the pigs live.