22.9.07

No drug references


I went to dinner at the Olive Garden with my friends Kathy and Ryan*. We went in to see about the wait. Thirty-five minutes. OK, "The name is Haughtty. H-A-U-G-H-T-T-Y." Last time I gave that last name I hadn't thought through how to spell it and it became a bit absurb. Haughttie. Besides, keeping composure for that long is also difficult. It's odd that the hostess never thinks twice about it. It reminds me of my brother's wedding when my other brother and I got bored and began introducing ourselves as famous people. "Hi, I'm Gwen Stefani." "I'm Gavin Rossdale." How nice the people answered. Back to the original story... So we got one of those buzzer things about which I was disappointed because with a name like Haughtty you want them to call it out. At last we were summoned. Kathy holds up the buzzer, "We're buzzed." And we'd like more.
*In order to upold the integrity of this article, these are their real names. These two aren't innocent.

1 comment:

Crolace said...

Do you remember the time we went to lunch and you wanted us to switch names? And then you ordered first and told them my name, but since I was paying with plastic, I had to show ID when I ordered, so I had to confess and tell the guy my real name after I had already lied about my name. And them we both had the same name and I think they even mixed up our orders, which was understandable, given the circumstances.

The moral of this story is: Lying is bad.