20.1.08

Austen and Masterpiece Theatre


PBS's Masterpeice theatre will be airing BBC versions of Jane Austen classics. Following is the schedule.
27. January -- Mansfield Park
3. February -- Miss Austen Regrets (dramatized Austen biography)
10., 17., and 24. February -- Pride and Prejudice (sans Keira Knightley!)
23. March -- Emma (Kate Beckinsale version)
30. March and 6. April -- Sense and Sensibility
Keep in mind that these are the BBC versions, so no Emma Thompson or Gwenyth Platrow. I love the versions I am used to but I am excited to see new takes on my favorites. And, of course, let's not forget that the "right" version of Pride and Prejudice will be shown.

1 comment:

pinksuedeshoe said...

How was tonights... I missed it, I was reading Hop on Pop, Go Dog Go, and There's a Wocket in my Pocket over and over and over. They are classics you know!