17.2.09

Valentine's Day 2009

Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday, in case you didn't know. My supervisor said it was a financial ploy made up by the card and candy companies to make money. Poppycock. From what I read it has to do with Christian martyrs named Valentine and gets associated with love by none other that Chaucer -- long before greeting Hallmark or conversation hearts were invented...
I really wanted to celebrate so I had three parties. On Friday we got the girls in our ward together to eat food and tell bad date stories -- the equals of which I have not heard. Our merriment was interrupted by the announcement that some of our cars had been defiled by Saran wrap and toilet paper. The perps are still at large and considered to be stinky and have stale food. 




On Saturday afternoon I hosted a fancy-schmancy Tea Party. We drank tea, had little sandwiches, scones, and chocolate covered strawberries.



That evening I went to SLC with Kate, Rhiannon, and Julia for a night of fun and adventure. We ate at The Dodo. Can you say yummy? We told secrets, laughed, and really, really enjoyed the eats. We stayed at the Little America where we fully embraced the hot tub, tried to embrace the indoor/outdoor pool, and wanted to marry the sauna. We stayed up late for a flick and fell into the deep sleep of the worn-out. In the morning we took in Music and the Spoken Word and sauntered back to reality. 
I felt the love!

3 comments:

About Me said...

How fun! I love living through you and all the good times you have.

Melissa Nickle, Owner of Blossom Sweet said...

oooh! so fun! thanks again for inviting me to your tea party! you're the best.

xantogal said...

You always have so much fun! We need to hang out again... I miss you!!