8.8.09

How a Friday got even better

Friday I was in Target and I saw this beautiful black woman coming towards me. She was with a man, who looked slightly familiar to me. It was Will Swensen and Audra McDonald!
Now, at this point, some of you are freaking out. Not so much over Will Swensen (aka the sell-out from the Single's Ward, now working in NYC in Hair.... and if you know anything about Hair you understand why I call him a sell-out) but over Audra McDonald. My hands indeed began to shake and I could think of nothing else.
For those of you who don't know who Audra is, this next paragraph will help. She's won Grammy award winner, an Emmy award winner, and -most notably - a Tony award winner. In fact, she had 3 Tony awards by age 28. My personal favorites include her performances in Ragtime and Disney's new (and awkwardly historically incorrect) Annie. She's also been in Raisin in the Sun, but I've never seen it. (Currently she's on TV in a rather lame show called Private Practice.)
Will and Audra (who are dating, seriously Audra?) are in town apparently rehearsing for a show at the Hale.
No one else seemed to know what was going on. I walked around Target, pretending I was having reception problems, in order to get my camera phone high enough to take a photo. I called up Miss J to freak out together, who attempted to rush to Target and get a glimp but was too slow.
They were parked, like, one car over from me. I have a rather noticeable car. I don't think they realized that I was taking photos of them from my car (photos did not make it in to the blog) but if they did, then they now know that the chick in the yellow PT is a freak.
In short, it was a really great day.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Um, really great AMAZING day! You lead a charmed life.

Tp.s. these security things are ridiculous. To post this I had to type expusne.

Melissa Nickle, Owner of Blossom Sweet said...

That is really cool. I listened to her on my mission on the Mo-tab Christmas CD she was on. What's she doing at Hale Center Theater? Random.

megs said...

Didn't she sing with the MoTab at their christmas thing a few years back? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else. Stupid Will Swenson...

Stephanie said...

Are you freaking kidding me??? I'm so jealous right now! I saw Audra McDonald in Ragtime in NY a long time ago! You are so lucky!! :) Oh and why did you not call me?

aisy said...

and to think i almost literally bumped in to her at the airport on tuesday. that dude does not look good with long hair by the way. and is he now anorexic or something?