2.8.09

Zum Geburtstag Viel Glück

In mid-July I turned 26. I found at deal on a hotel and the night before my birthday I stayed over alone. It was soooooo enjoyable! I spent the first fifteen minutes in the hotel alone just jumping around and squealing to myself. I turned on the TV (which had fantastic picture quality) and what was on? Nothing less than one of my favorite movies - Sister of the Traveling Pants II. I cried with Bee, swore I'd never reject a man with a British accent, wondered if I could get away with a wig, and wished that I lived in Greece always.
In the morning I went into town in search of breakfast. I had hot chocolate and a nutella-banana crepe and did some quick shopping. I felt on top of the world, doing exactly those things that make me happiest. It was like God said, "Hey, Happy Birthday - I got a day for you with all the coolest things packed into it!"
After breakfast I spent some time in peaceful meditation. I evaluated life (I'm for it), and set goals. For a while I've felt really chaotic, especially at work. During this time (and in the couple weeks since) I felt leagues more centered and focused in life.
I'm converted. I'm doing this every year and I've been recommending it to everyone.

In the afternoon friends met me for a fun afternoon. We went to the Olympic Park. We rode the ski lift, sped down the alpine slide, and experienced the world's steepest zip line.
We watched ski jumpers practice. We messed around with a neglected and apparently unattended bobsled, after seeing someone really go down the track.
We went shopping. Number of items purchased by girls: 0. Number of items purchased by men: many. And a special thanks to Isaac who put on skinny jeans just because it was my birthday.
At night even more friends met us at a restaurant for a birthday feast. It meant a lot to me to see how many stellar people wanted to celebrate with me.
That night, a couple friends stayed in the hotel with me. We projected a movie on the wall. What movie, you might ask? None other than another favorite of mine - High School Musical III: Senior Year.
Could life be more perfect? I submit that it could not.

No comments: