24.5.10

Bike

Queen said, "I like to ride my bicycle/ I like to ride my bike." I can relate to this song.
Today I went for a bike ride. I enjoy leisurely bike rides -- I have to, my bike has no gears. But even still I am not an endurance bike-rider. I sit on a beach cruiser.
I love the feeling of bike riding. Especially through a city. It's idyllic for me. Walking you can observe the minutiae of the street, in a car it's much too fast. Bike riding is the goldilocks of transport. I feel a connection to my surrounding. I can hear the street, see the pavement, observe nature, greet strangers, but not soooo slowly.
Bike riding gets two thumbs up.

3 comments:

aisy said...

you're almost ready for a road bike friend!!!

xantogal said...

I love bike riding too!! I need to get me a new bike first. Haha

Andrea Jolene said...

Inlcude my thumbs too. Both of thumb. Thumbs for bikes!!! Though, I shall never bite my thumb at them (har har har... Shakespear nerdy alerty).