26.5.10

Bookmarks

Along the top of my internet page run my bookmarks. There are the usual ones -- gmail, youtube. (I don't have one for Facebook. The reason being that I don't want to go there too often. I find I go there less if I have to type out the address instead of just click a link. it also helps me forget it exists.) The necessary ones because they are useful and I go there often -- this blog and lds.org. The boring ones -- credit card accounts, investment sites. Then there are ones just for me.
Pandora. If you don't know what it is, crawl out from under the rock and prepare to have your life changed. My favorite stations are my broadway and my John Mayer.
Links to my favorite libraries and my paperback swap, where you can trade books for free.
Playlist. This connects to my blog. I use it to make playlists for parties as well. I like it because I can listen to a song until I'm sick of it without paying for it.
Goodreads. Many of my friends are on it. We write about what we are reading and compile lists of the things we read. I also have a link to it on the right side of this page. I enjoy seeing what my fellows are reading; I like writing out my opinions and admiring the list of my readings. And I like reading that other people loved/hated whatever book I loved/hated. For example I loved A Separate Peace as did many others; and I hated Anthem, as did most others. Very validating.
What've you got bookmarked?

2 comments:

pinksuedeshoe said...

You know, the usual... credit cards, banks, email, etc... and then flickr and weheartit.com. And axecop.com. Hilarity ensues over there.

heidikins said...

I have no bookmarks, actually...I routinely keep windows open and just refresh, but no bookmarks.

Also, I loved Anthem. *LOVED*

xox